2009 Aprilia MANA 850
Versatile and multiform, the aprilia mana 850 gt is the most complete motorcycle on the market. Intelligent, innovative, comfortable with a unique on-the-road feel thanks to its sportgear transmission, it offers all the advantages of the mana with an extended range of use. A completely new motorcycling concept, the result of technological expertise, the courage to believe in innovation and be daring which is Aprilia's hallmark together with attention paid to motorcyclists' needs and a tendency to look to the future: Mana 850 is a complete motorcycle, the new frontier, the missing link in an evolution that makes the world of motorcycling and its emotions accessible to all types of user. Sequential/automatic transmission, radial brake calipers, helmet compartment, upside-down forks, Aprilia Mana combines the potential of the motorbike with an unmatched functional nature and flexibility of use. A unique bike in the motorcycling world with a potentially endless number of variations: this is the Aprilia Mana GT 850, the version that extends the proverbial versatility of the 850 cc produced in Noale even further. Mana GT 850 is Aprilia's response to a constantly evolving market which is increasingly aware of mobility needs, impatient to try out vehicles that satisfy in daily use as well as on long trips. The Mana GT version is designed to do just that: an elegant half-fairing perfectly integrated in the lines of the bike protects both rider and passenger on long journeys as well as in daily commuting making the bike ideal for touring. The adjustable windshield means that the level of protection can be adjusted to suit your own needs with a unique level of customisation INNOVATIVE MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION: The half-fairing makes the GT version even more unique and lets you get the very best out of the V2 850-engine performance with Sportgear transmission. A two-cylinder engine that with its 76 HP and exceptionally flat torque curve gives excellent performance already at low revs, in acceleration, pick-up and at speed, and is the perfect match for the touring soul of the Mana 850 GT and the motorcyclist's need for responsiveness. Intelligent transmission: The primary drive is the focal point of the entire Mana range. The Sportgear transmission offers the rider a choice of different driving modes: •Sequential mode: The rider decides when to change gear by using the conventional control on the pedal or by pressing a switch on the handlebars as desired. An electronically-controlled servo mechanism acts on the main pulley which changes the gearshift mode with seven gear ratios amazingly quickly. Only during deceleration, if the rider does not manually change gear, the engine automatically changes down gear using the Semi-Sequential function and preventing the minimum RPM threshold from going below the set limit. Another valuable aid to safe riding. •Fully automatic mode (Autodrive): the sophisticated electronics control everything and the CVT transmission keeps the engine running at maximum torque speed for optimum pick-up and acceleration. The rider can choose from three different mappings: 1.Touring: for those who want a softer power delivery and minimum fuel consumption; 2.Sport: for maximum performance and quick acceleration; 3.Rain: on wet or slippery roads in maximum safety; Semi-Autodrive mode only allows the rider to change down gear. This is useful for overtaking at maximum torque revs or when riding down a hill when engine braking is required. You can switch from Autodrive to Sequential mode and vice versa at any time and in any riding conditions. The handlebar gearshift control can be disabled from the dashboard. With this technical solution, the Mana GT 850 adapts perfectly to any type of road and offers relaxed cruising or exhilarating sports riding depending on the rider's needs or wishes. ELEGANT DESIGN AND INGENIOUS SOLUTIONS: Mana GT 850 uses the same technical base as the Mana and shares the same exclusive and unmistakable Italian design. The original fairing with adjustable windshield that surrounds the characteristic round headlamp, a distinctive feature of the Mana range, is practical and elegant. The 16-litre tank is located under the saddle in a lower position to distribute weight more evenly and lower the bike's centre of gravity making it incredibly light and easy to ride. Where the tank would normally be is occupied instead by an illuminated storage compartment lined with non-slip, non-scratch material and big enough to hold a full-face helmet as well as a mobile-phone holder and a 12V-power socket. All this offers storage capacity which is virtually unheard of in the world of motorcycling. Like its Naked sister bike, the compartment is opened electrically by a switch on the handlebar. Opening is controlled by a hydropneumatic damper that is designed to prevent accidental opening while the bike is in motion. A manually operated lever under the passenger seat is provided to release the compartment lid in the event of a flat battery. SPECIAL CHASSIS: The refined chassis on the Aprilia Mana GT 850 guarantees relaxed, safe handling on all road surfaces. The robust steel tube trellis frame has a single piece aluminium swingarm that directly controls a laterally-offset shock absorber that frees precious space for the exhaust pipe in the delicate area behind the engine which makes the motorcycle very compact and manageable when changing direction both in town traffic and when out riding in the hills during the weekend. On the Mana GT 850 the spring preload and damper rebound can be adjusted with a knob and has been moved to the outside. It can be easily accessed for quick and precise adjustments to adapt to your own particular riding needs and bike load (passenger, luggage, etc.). The 43-mm upside down fork slides easily and has an optimised set-up that suits the new weight distribution and the touring nature of this bike.Its 120-mm front wheel travel allows you to effortlessly tackle all sorts of road surface and offers the right support even under sport riding conditions. SAFETY FIRST: The Mana GT 850 is the most versatile motorcycle on the market with the most complete range of technical equipment that focuses on the concept of safety. The only one in its category, the efficient braking system, which has a front system with 320 mm discs and radial calipers, combined with a latest generation two-channel Continental ABS system that increases active and passive riding safety even when braking on difficult road surfaces avoiding locking up the brakes as well as improving braking performance. In fact, on the Mana 850 GT ABS all riders can fully use the bike's generous braking power in perfect safety on any road surface. Add to this the total concentration on riding guaranteed by the Autodrive gearshift mode even in busy city traffic. Plus traffic light burning acceleration for an agile, responsive and quick motorcycle that pulls you away from any emergency situation as well as Rain mapping to help when riding on road surfaces with reduced grip.
- Engine: Aprilia longitudinal 90° V-twin engine, 4 stroke, liquid cooled, single overhead cam with chain drive, four valves per cylinder.
- Fuel: Unleaded fuel
- Bore x Stroke: 88 x 69 mm
- Total displacement: 839,3 cc
- Compression ratio: 10:1
- Maximum power at the crank: 56 kW (76.1 cv) a 8.000 rpm.
- Maximum torque at the crank: 7,45 kgm (73 Nm) a 5.000 rpm.
- Fuel system: Integrated electronic engine management system. Weber Marelli electronic injection with 38-mm throttle body.
- Ignition: Digital electronic, with two spark plugs per cylinder, integrated with fuel injection system.
- Starting: Electric.
- Exhaust: 2 into 1 exhaust system in 100% stainless steel with three-way catalytic converter and lambda probe.
- Generator: 450 W a 6000 rpm.
- Lubrification: Dry sump system with separate oil tank.
- Gear box: Sequential with manual or automatic mode selectable by the user. 7 ratios in manual mode. 3 mappings (Touring – Sport - Rain) in Autodrive mode. Gear change by pedal or handlebar control. The user can switch from automatic to sequential mode and vice versa at any time.
- Clutch: Automatic.
- Primary drive: Belt.
- Final drive: Chain.
- Frame: High-strength steel trellis.
- Front suspension: Upside-down fork, 43 mm stanchions. Wheel travel 120 mm.
- Rear suspension: Single-piece aluminium alloy swingarm.
- Shock absorbers: shock absorber with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping. Wheel travel 125 mm.
- Brakes, Front: dual 320 mm diam. stainless steel floating discs. Radial calipers with four pistons.
- Brakes, Rear: 260 mm stainless steel disc. Single piston caliper. 2-channel Continental ABS system.
- Wheels: Aluminium alloy Front: 3.50 X 17 in. Rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tyres, Radials tubeless 120/70 ZR 17
- Tyres, rear: Radials tubeles s180/55 ZR 17
- Max. length 2,080 mm
- Max. width 800 mm (at handlebar)
- Max. height 1,270 mm (1,320 mm at rear-view mirrors)
- Saddle height 800 mm
- Wheelbase 1,463 mm
- Trail 101 mm
- Steering angle 24°
- Fuel tank capacity: 16 L
- Half-fairing with adjustable windshield
- Sportgear transmission: electronically controlled sequential gearshift with two shift modes: seven speed manual or Autodrive with three different mappings: Sport/Touring/Rain
- Helmet compartment with non-scratch lining for a full-face helmet, with mobile phone holder, toolkit/glove-box and 12V-power socket
- New latest generation 2-channel Continental ABS system as standard
- Lateral shock absorber easily adjustable with the hand grip in preload and extension
- 90° V engine with four valves per cylinder, Euro 3 homologated
- Brakes with radial calipers
- 43- mm upside down fork
- Steel trellis frame with single piece aluminium swingarm
- Under-seat fuel tank
- Engine Type
- Aprilia longitudinal 90° V-twin engine, 4 stroke, liquid cooled, single overhead cam with chain drive, four valves per cylinder.
- 839,3 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 x 69 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Integrated electronic engine management system. Weber Marelli electronic injection with 38-mm throttle body.
- Digital electronic, with two spark plugs per cylinder, integrated with fuel injection system.
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down fork, 43 mm stanchions. Wheel travel 120 mm.
- Rear Suspension
- Single-piece aluminium alloy swingarm.
- Front Brakes
- dual 320 mm diam. stainless steel floating discs. Radial calipers with four pistons.
- Rear Brakes
- 260 mm stainless steel disc. Single piston caliper. 2-channel Continental ABS system.
- Front Tire
- Radials tubeless 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- Radials tubeless 180/55 ZR 17
- 1,463 mm
- Seat Height
- 800 mm
- 101 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 16 L
- Final Drive
- Bianco Glam, Black Competition