2019 Honda CBR650R ABS
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount. The Future of the Modern Sportbike: The New CBR650R. For a certain breed of riders, once you've experienced the high-revving soul of a four, there's no going back. That's why we're so pleased to offer our new CBR650R—a real sportbike built for the way we ride today, and powered by one of the best inline fours we've ever offered. The power is instant, and it builds with an exhilarating rush. Smooth? Nothing can match a four for smoothness, especially a Honda four. The chassis, bodywork, and riding position are all designed to deliver a comfortable street ride, but still hold up when the going gets hot. In short, this bike is just plain fun to ride: light, nimble, and responsive without being a prima donna. Sportbikes should have always gotten it this right. But then, someone always has to lead the way.
- 649cc DOHC Engine: Engines like this are what Honda does best. The four-cylinder design makes it smoother and faster revving than most twins, and offers ample low- to midrange torque, plus plenty of power through the entire rev range.
- Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC): With Honda Selectable Torque Control System (HSTC) the CBR650R offers you peace of mind during aggressive riding conditions. The system adjusts engine power to optimize torque at the rear wheel, reducing rear-wheel slip. And here's the best part: you can turn it on or turn it off with a handlebar-mounted switch. (Available on ABS model only.)
- Four-Into-One Exhaust: Power, style and an unmistakable growl—you get all three with the four-into-one exhaust system on the CBR650R.
- Six-Speed Transmission: Smooth, nearly seamless shifts and gear ratios matched to the way you want to ride: those are two of the characteristics that make this Honda so much fun to ride.
- New Muffler: Mufflers need to accomplish four things: They need to quiet the engine without robbing power, they need to help tune engine output, they need to sound great, and they're a huge style element on any bike. The CBR650R's exhaust knocks it out of the park on all counts, and sounds like only an inline four can.
- Refined Intake System: The CBR650R features a twin-duct intake design, engineered to ram cool, dense air into the airbox, increasing horsepower.
- Sportbike Styling: The CBR650R looks just the way a modern sportbike should—all business, with a generous dose of style. Check out MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez's dominating Honda RC213V, and you'll see where the CBR650R gets its good looks. Plus, the bodywork is aerodynamic and refined, so you can tuck in at speed.
- 4.1-Gallon Fuel Tank: A bike as versatile as the CBR650R needs plenty of range, and the 4.1-gallon fuel tank provides just that.
- Special Engine Tuning: Changes to valve timing and piston shapes have improve engine response, especially from the idle to 8000 rpm, a big advantage in urban environments.
- Y-Spoke Aluminum Wheels: The new aluminum wheels feature helps reduce unsprung weight. These lighter hoops have a greater influence on handling than the numbers alone suggest.
- Instruments: In addition to the usual speedomenter and tachometer, the full-flat instrument panel features an LCD readout with indicators for gear position, water temperature, peak-hold display of engine RPM, upshift indicator, and more.
- LED Headlight: The CBR650R uses an eye-catching dual-lens LED headlight that casts a powerful, scientifically tuned beam. It's both brighter and smaller than a conventional design, and contributes in a big way to the CBR650R's sense of style.
- Slipper Clutch: The new assist slipper clutch lightens clutch operation by approximately 12 percent compared to previous models, and that reduces rear-wheel hop during rapid downshifts.
- 41mm Front Suspension: The CBR650R's front suspension showcases some leading-edge technology. The 41mm fork is equipped with Showa's Separate Function Fork (SFF) which offers reduced weight, superior rigidity, and excellent overall performance. A new aluminum lower triple clamp completes the picture.
- New Frame: The new CBR650R refines a classic Honda design. The twin-spar frame incorporates updated pivot plates, engine hangers, seat rails, and other components that all reduce weight. It's light, strong, and provides the basis for the CB650R's stellar handling.
- Radial-Mount Front Brakes: Featuring huge 310mm discs, the new CBR650R also comes with radial-mounted four-piston calipers. The result is premium sportbike stopping power that's linear and easy to modulate.
- Rear-Disc Brake: A 240mm hydraulic disc at the rear complements the twin front discs for plenty of stopping power.
- Sporting Riding Position: By refining the riding position, you'll find the CBR650R comfortable for both casual, weekday use and more aggressive weekend sport rides. The seat/bar/peg relationship in any motorcycle is critical, but with the new CBR650R, you'll truly feel like a part of this bike.
- Engine Type: 649cc liquid cooled inline 4 cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 67mm x 46mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 32mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Full transistorized ignition
- Compression Ratio: 11.6:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring chain; 15T/42T
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.25 inches travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa Single Shock; 5.04 inch travel
- Front Brake: Dual 320mm discs with radial-mount four-piston calipers; ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc; ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 180/55-17
- Rake (Caster Angle): 30.0 degrees
- Trail: 101mm (4.0 inches)
- Wheelbase: 57 inches
- Seat Height: 31.9 inches
- Curb Weight: 458 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gallons, including 0.8-gallon reserve
- Ground Clearance: 5.2 inches
- Model ID: CBR650RA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Grand Prix Red/Stripe
- One Year Included: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty
- Optional Extended: Extended coverage available with a HondaCare Protection Plan®
European model shown
- Engine Type
- Inline 4 cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 67mm x 46mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 32mm throttle bodies
- Full transistorized ignition
- Final Drive
- #525 O-ring chain; 15T/42T
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork; 4.25 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Showa Single Shock; 5.04 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 320mm discs with radial-mount four-piston calipers; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240mm disc; ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 57 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in.
- 101mm (4.0 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.1 gal., including 0.8-gal. reserve
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 458 lb.
- Grand Prix Red/Stripe
- One Year Included Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty